Sunday, May 24, 2009

Gardens are great...

There are a lot of reasons why gardens are great, don't get me started. Today the reason why I'm loving my garden is because it is so easy to share. Fairly often people stop by saying they are hungry - it is so nice be able to say, 'Come pull some weeds then you can take whatever you want'. On Friday my friend, C, stopped by to chat as I haven't been to see her in almost a week. Her husband lost his job a few months ago and money has been tight. I love being able to send her home with a grocery bag full of produce just because it would go to waste if she didn't take it. Gardens are great.


C and her daughter with a bit of the bounty:
chilies, kale, carrots, tomatoes, sweet potatoes
,...

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

Hurrah for produce! And for Alysa and Jon. Miss you guys.

Ingrid said...

P.S I used my 0 degree sleeping bag in Glacier National Park last week and thought of our Kettle Morraine adventure. : P Good time!