Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Meet Alphazooby...

Several months ago Jon and I started calling our sea monkey Alphazooby. This is a picture of him/her taken mid-March.

Alpha in profile (the round ball next to the nose is his/her fist)

For those of you wondering how we came up with Alphazooby, let me explain. Tired of having lots of people asking what we would name our child, my crazy husband decided we needed a strange gender neutral name to call him/her so that when we finally did announce the 'real' name everyone would be happy just because we didn't go with Alphazooby as the real name. Unfortunately, we have become so accustomed to the name that we are a teensy bit afraid that 'Alpha' may stick even after the birth (at least we didn't decide to go with 'Zoobers' for the nickname). Time will tell...

1 comment:

Mama Blogger said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!! I am so very happy for you guys. I was beginning to wonder when we would hear this news. Lucky for you Isaiah came along first so you don't owe us or the Petersons any money (I guess John and I better pay up--anyone remember what the stakes were?). :)

Wendy

PS When's Alpha due to arrive?