Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A few pictures from the start of 2013...

I promised grandma a few pictures of the boys and thought I'd post them here for others to peruse as they like. The boys are growing so fast.

Joshua turns 1 in just a few weeks and is so expressive - he is our social boy and wants to be acknowledged by anyone who comes or goes. His favorite things are balls, measuring spoons, and his security spatula - often at night it is impossible to pry the spoon or kitchen implement out of his grip, he really loves those things. He also loves wrestling and more physical forms of play.

Prescott is 2.5 and loves to read, ride his bike, and play with trucks and tractors. A day rarely goes by that he isn't hooking chains up to his skid steer to pull some vehicle out of the mud or snow. His favorite books usually involve animals, vehicles, or rhymes and regularly throughout the day I hear him reciting rhymes and singing songs as he plays. His old favorite "Little Jack Horner" has been replaced by "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star", "The Bible Tells Me So" (his favorite line from Jesus Loves Me), and "Hickory Dickory Dock". Most of the babyisms have disappeared from his speech but I am thrilled that one of my favorites - 'doylo' instead of 'girl' - is still lingering for now (to be honest, it has already changed from 'doylo' to 'girlo').

We haven't done anything special in 2013, just loving regular life. We try to spend time outside everyday riding bike, sliding, or walking in the woods. We usually bake something daily whether it be bread, granola, crackers, rusks, or something else; Prescott is becoming quite proficient in the kitchen. It cracks me up to hear him say 'That smells like ginger.' or 'Did you put marjoram in this?'.

Already playing together so nicely

Prescott making vitamin soup in the play kitchen he got for Christmas
 
 
Happy outside

6" of snow doesn't stop this boy on a bike

Tromping in the woods with cousin Parker

I was sewing buttons onto the sleep sack that I made for cousin Clyde and Prescott insisted that he wanted to sew too. So he sewed 'buttons' (wooden beads) onto a toy for Clyde.


Helping Jon put peppercorn buttons on the snowman pie crust decoration
I now have two boys sitting at the kids table playing with play dough!

Prescott donned my shoes, yellow bee socks for mittens, his safety glasses, and a hat from Auntie Angie then came to tell me, "I am going on a nature hunt. I'll be back on Sunday."

 Believe me, dishes take 6x as long this way (but they are 20x more fun)



2 comments:

Jen Das said...

Alysa, your boys are so beautiful! Thanks for posting the photos and the blog post! Tia is a sophomore at the UW and Ryan is a soph in high school! Time flies...So good to hear from you!

Amy T said...

Super cute!! Emma and Owen are leaning over my shoulder to check out all the great pics!4 44444 4 4444444444444444444444444444444 The fours are from Owen since he "is four". Good looking couple of boys you have there!