Another milestone this week was the introduction of solid foods. We have been trying rice cereal and about half of the days he’ll eat some. I’ve found the trick to feeding a baby: make funny noises til they giggle, capitalize on the smile by shoving some food in the open mouth, and then praise them like crazy in an excited voice so they doesn’t realize you just tricked them into eating something. The grimaces are pretty funny.
During the past month people have been asking me about Prescott’s circadian rhythm and what his schedule is like. I had no idea what they were talking about but I think he has finally settled into something over the past two weeks. It has been really nice having an idea of when he will sleep so that I am better able to plan my days. For anyone who is interested in what Prescott’s days looks like (his Grandma Bell may be the only one), read on.
- 6:00 – wake up; get fed, changed, and dressed; ride around in a sling while mom waters the garden and hangs out laundry (diapers every other day)
- 7:30 – nap time
- 9:00 – awake; get fed and changed again; ride in the sling to take the laundry off the line (yes, it dries that fast); play on the floor; read


- 11:00 – nap time
- 12:30 – awake; get fed and changed again; splash in pool; run errands, visit friends, etc.
- 3:00 – nap time
- 3:45 – awake; get fed and changed again; play on the floor; splash in pool; errands or visiting
- 5:30 – take a walk with Jon and I
- 6:00 - hang out with Jon while I finish dinner
- 6:30 – get ready for bed: cold bath, diaper change and pajamas, massage, read
- 7:15 – bed time
Of course these times are approximate and change every day depending on what we are doing and when Prescott is sleepy, but it gives an idea.





No comments:
Post a Comment