Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ready or not...

Well, this will likely be our last post from the US for a long time. We have spent the last week or so seeing friends and family and saying our goodbyes. Tonight we say our last goodbye to Alysa's brother and sister in-law and then tomorrow we launch into our final packing push (which we really hope only results in 6-50lb duffle bags and the max number of carry-ons allowable, and no more). Very very early Thursday morning we leave for the Minneapolis airport. From Minneapolis we fly to New York, from there to Johannesburg, South Africa, and finally into Gaborone on Saturday morning. The last 7 weeks have been an absolute whirlwind but ready or not...here we go. 7 weeks...that is all the time that we have had from our decision to join FM in Botswana and our departure date and it has been an exhausting time. I have been asked many times in the last few days what I am looking forward to the most and my answer has invariably been, "I am looking forward to the 14 hour plane ride, where all I have to do is eat, sleep, and watch TV".

3 comments:

Stacy Peterson said...

Hope you have a great trip! Will you get to spend some time in SA?

We will be praying for you and keeping up on your blog- so excited for you guys and glad you have this opportunity.

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for both of you. Hope everything goes smoothly and you adjust quickly!
I look forward to reading about your new adventures.
Alison Johanson

Mike said...

God is so Good! He doesn't need lots of time...He only needs willing and available servants like you! I am confident in Him that He will bless your socks off, while working through you to bless Botswana!

Already, after your sharing at church, God has moved. Personally, we've seen God move very quickly, opening up a place and acceptance for our daughter Johanna to come to South Africa - June 15th! and serve on a summer intern team until August 8!!! Oh my, ahhhh...I haven't even counted weeks! He is moving, and your example has moved Sue's and My heart to help Johanna be obedient to this call in her life!
We have you before the Throne of God...may your trip go well (Jon - even though you're not the pilot, the PILOT of ALL is at the controls....relax) and may your house furnishing and acclamation to your new home be smooth!
Stay in touch...
Mike and Sue